Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Colour Vibe

Never one to pass up a good time or a race, when my friend Tracy L called me to ask if I wanted to do one of those popular colour races, I said yes right away.  I also agreed because she said it was in Flint and would involve a night away and lots of shopping.  We signed up for the race and her family friend Margaret tagged along too.

We arrived in Flint that morning after a nice night at a hotel.  US races are always great because they have lots of help and make it easy to participate.

We parked the car, got our shirts, put on our bibs, got our colour packs and made our way to the start line.









We made sure we took before pics knowing we were going to get really colourful by the end of the 5Km.










Tracy had bought us matching shirts for under our race shirts, also braclettes, and earrings.









After 5km through an awesome route of out and back and on a trail that was sandy, well marked, and lots of cheerers.

I really liked the music being played to pump us throughout the trail.






We got very colourful from the volunteers, they were so much fun and would high-five you as your ran past making the colour go everywhere.

I would do this kind of thing again as it was so well done.