Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 20 - Last full day :(

Calories in - 1209
Calores out - 3074

Breakfast - French toast, fruit, eggs and sausage
Lunch - Chicken stew
Dinner - Meatball Sandwich and a Parfait

Hiking Guides - Sandy, Kendal, Jordan and Deb

Training Schedule
Hike - seriously hard and dangerous - sorry mom and dad
Stretch
Cardio Intervals
Lecture
Liquid Moves
Circuit Training
Zumba - awesome dancing - know all the moves now

I am so happy to have gotten up at 5:00am this morning and booked a RMR test. You can get your resting metabolic rate calculated so that when you are at home you know how many calories your body burns in 24 hours if you just sit and do nothing. The test took about 20 minutes with a trainer. You blow into a tube for 16 minutes and relax while they type your information into the computer. My RMR is 1901 - that is awesome because if I stick to a 1500 calorie a day food diary then I will always be losing even if I can not get to the gym. That is 500 calories at each meal and totally doable!

Now for the hike...I am not exaggerating but I thought I was going to die trying to climb down a thin little ledge between 2 huge gorges. I will have the picture for tomorrow - it was the first time on the adventure when I looked at the guide and said, "there is no f@#$ing way that I am going to be able to do this. Well, I did and I was scared to death - ironically I was not even going to go hiking today. I was so tired and rushed from the RMR test that I didn't think I was going to make the van. I am so happy that I sucked it up because this was a huge test of ability and mind over matter.

Food today was not so great except for the breakfast which was amazing and filling after a really tough hike. We are just back from the Tarzan production at Tuacahn - amazing - great special effects and singing.

Must get to bed as I have the 18 miler tomorrow morning.