Monday, March 8, 2010

My Life Highs and Lows

So, the high.....yesterday I had an awesome day.  I ran 18km with the 1/2 marathon club and did it in 2:29 - not bad for being tired and scared to run that far - the reason why I was so happy was because this makes me think that I can complete the 1/2 marathon in less than 3 hours - only a couple of weeks to go. 

Then, the low....so I came to work today and someone says that I am negative - are you kidding me.  I have been working so hard to remain positive, act positive and modelled positive behaviour to my staff with this difficult year that is upon us.  I was upset but only for a minute as I took my secretary that someone said that I was negative she said "you are the most positive person I know".  I am choosing to believe her as she is really the only one who knows me, what I am doing here on a daily basis and how hard I am trying to create an atmosphere of positivity.

Then I got to thinking about myself, my work and what I really stand for.  This poem has always inspired me and makes me happy.

Robert Frost (1874–1963)

The Road Not Taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

I am a POSITIVE PERSON!!!!!