Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 3 - Wed, August 12

Our schedule today was as follows:

6:15am - Meet for hike
6:30am - Leave for hike
9:30am - Breakfast - bowl of mixed fruit and a bowl of museli with more fruit - delicious
10:15am - Free time - thank god as my feet needed a rest and I met with the "blister guru".
11:15am - Water Aerobics
12:45 pm - Lunch - Pizza with mushroom soup
1:15 pm - Lecture on Breaking Barriers
2:30pm - Mountain climb class- really just interval training
3:30pm - Kickboxing
4:30pm - Water aerobics
5:45 pm - Dinner - taco salad with fruit mousse parfait
6:15pm - Lecture on grocery shopping
7:00pm - Target trip - yahoo off campus.

Well, I had the name of the place wrong it is called Snow Canyon state park, named for the Snow family who donated the land to the area during the pioneer times.

Ok, so you are dying to hear about my hike. I chose the "West Canyon" route today. It is 3.9 miles out and then you turn around and come back 3.9 miles. No vans to pick you up like the "Stop Sign" route that is along the park road. This was my first trip into the land. The whole time I was laughing because I was expecting to see a stage coach come flying down the road or when I looked up at the cliffs, I was looking for Tom Cruise to be hanging by one arm like in Mission Impossible 1. Anyways - I MADE IT TO THE END. I ran and walked with this great guide name Gretchen from Boston who pushed to get to the end of the ravine and then we flew back to get to the pit stop by 9:00. You only have a 2 hour time frame so I had to make it to the end of the canyon in 1 hour in order to be able turn around and come back in time for the vans. I lost my watch on the route but some people after us found it - thank goodness or I would have had to buy a new one at Target tonight :). Anyways, my pedometer read 1300 calories burned just on the hike and as you can see we had a busy day after that.

I wanted to share another thing that I really like about FR - there is no vanity. Everyone is working out all day so no one has time for hair, makeup, jewelery. Everyone is focused on learning and losing and I love the no fuss stuff - being a tomboy I totally fit in with that mentality. Again, it reminds me of going to camp and wearing t-shirts and shorts all day long and then changing to a new outfit the next day.

A yucky thing that is happening though is that I have not slept yet - I know I know how can that be with being so physically tired? Well, my mind is racing a million miles an hour thinking of how I will use all this knowledge at home or how I will do on the hike tomorrow - I am hoping tonight I settle down and sleep more than a couple of hours at a time.

Today everyone is really pooped, has really sore feet but starting to see results - we had a lot of classes today that we high intensity so at dinner everyone was really quiet. Burned 2300+ calories - the kicking boxing was really intense and we all worked so hard in the mountain class - it is intervals on any machine in the gym - you go up 15 clicks on your machine for 3 minutes each - sounds easy eh?? NOT - try being on the bike (because I have 4 blisters now) and sitting for 45 minutes pedalling your ass off - tiring!

I will be posting so great photos later when I am back from Target so you can see the food, faces and places that I am talking about.

Thanks for everyone's support - I am having the best time - FITNESS BOOTCAMP RULES

PS Happy Birthday to my brother Johnny who turns 42 today - enjoy your day bro!