Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 11 - Thurs, August 20

Ok, I take it back. Yesterday, I thought the pool was the best part of FR, well, after today's hike, I now believe it is the hiking. I went with the intermediate group to something called "Camel Back". Check out the pictures and the VIDEO!!! Last week's DVD showed these people running in this circle thing in the rocks and I said to myself, I will get strong enough to do that. Well, this morning, I did and you have to watch to see us running in this thing called the vortex - we called it the toilet bowl. But that wasn't even the best part. I then got my ass up "camel back" and then Sonny and Tamera found me from their more advanced hike and dragged me up "hunch back".

There is no way that I ever ever ever would of thought that I could do any of this or even think that I could climb - I remember not even climbing the apple tree in our backyard as a kid because I was too chicken. I have never even gone up the rock face at Fleetway 40 (local bowling alley) because I was too chicken - well not any more I tell you!!!!! Thank you FR!

Our schedule today was a busy one..

6:15am - Meet for hike
6:30am - Leave for hike
9:30am - Breakfast - fruit with scrabbled eggs and a piece of toast
10:15am - Zumba - dance class
11:15am - Gym class - intervals
12:30 pm - Lunch - soup; Southwest corn with a Greek Pita
1:00 - Open gym
1:30 Swim Relay - we lost again and the green team won - they took all 3 challenges
2:30pm - Ball Works
3:30pm - Treading - remember the one where you go to your max for 5 minutes then rest for 5, max for 4 then rest for 4 etc. - tough one today
4:30pm - Stretch class
5:30 pm - Dinner - stuff chicken with orange cream cake