Saturday, July 22, 2017

Ready to Grow

Tonight I have all my stuff ready to go and I am excited to head north to Sugar Ridge Resort for their MBSR
(Mindfulness - Based Stress Reduction week retreat.

As I mentioned earlier, my motivation to attend this week is due to the fact that I feel I need to learn more skills associated with my mental (positive optimistic thinking) fitness before I reexamine my physical fitness.

The resort provides everything you need except towels and personal items so it looks like I have packed a lot but I just want to have many clothes to change into since there will be tons of yoga and outdoor activities.  Plus, who knows how the weather will be or how hot it will be at night so I am bring a lot of change of clothes.

Lennie said to bring our fancy camera so that I can capture some photos of the beautiful grounds that the resort is situated on.

The resort is just over 3 hours away so I am hitting the road in the AM to give myself lots of time to get there.

I had to complete a full "get to know you" form to send ahead of the trip so that they can meet my needs and provide anything special needed.  I don't have any dietary needs but I did say that I am looking forward to more yoga practice and especially the afternoon mindfulness workshops.  I wonder what I will be able to transfer to work and school.  Maybe use with some of our students?

The schedule for the week is:

Sunday July 23
1 – 3 arrive and settle into your cabin
3 – 5 pm  Introduction and course orientation
5:30 dinner
7 – 9 pm workshop
Monday – Wednesday July 24 – 26
7:00 – 8:15 optional Yoga class
8:30 breakfast
9:30 – 11:30 am workshop
12:30 – Lunch
2:00 – 4:30 workshop
5:30 dinner
Thursday July 27
8:30 Breakfast
10:00 – 4:00 workshop (lunch today is part of the workshop schedule)
5:30 dinner
Friday July 28
7:00 – 8:15 optional Yoga class
8:30 breakfast
10:00 – 11:30 am workshop
11:30 – 12:30  closing discussion
12:30 Lunch
I love yoga and was really into it in 2005-2007 when a couple of my teaching partners encouraged me to join Moksha yoga here in London.  I was going several times a week for 90 minutes of hot yoga and my practice really improved.  I joined The Yoga Shack a couple of years ago and again loved going and practicing.  But, my practice stopped when I started running and then completing the doctorate.  I now have the time and energy to start again.

Wish me luck.