Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 4 of BZ adventure

January 10 - 17, 2014

This week was spent entirely at the Barefoot Beach resort in Indian Rocks Beach Florida. The 2/1 condo (2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom) was awesome and rented from a teacher friend in London. It was a 1 minute walk to the beach or the pool depending on the wind.
Since I really don't remember anything from last week, this felt like our first week together. My tooth is fixed, stitches out of my arm and head and we relaxed. I mean really relaxed. You know when you wake up and say "I don't want to go to work today, please let me go back to sleep"? Well, we did that. We still woke up at 6:00am but were able to go back to sleep till 9. Lennie made us wonderful breakfasts, we hit the beach, lounged, and then ate again.


I was really happy for Lennie this week as he got to rest. With his teaching, coaching, hockey, and second job, I really wanted him to have a chance to just rest. Turns out, he is really good at it :)

This week we had the opportunity to use a wonderful gift from some families and players from Lennie's volleyball team. They knew we were coming near Tampa so they gave us a night at Bern's Steak House. Unbelievable world famous service, food, and atmosphere. We shared chateaubriand, got a tour of the kitchen and wine cellar plus went to the dessert room - 65 pages of homemade desserts and wines. 100,000 bottles, 7500 labels and the biggest private collection in the world. What a wonderful evening.
Wednesday night we invited my parents to the gulf to see the condo and take them out for dinner. We had a wonderful evening of Mexican and live music.


We head back to my parents tonight in order to drop some stuff off then we drive to Miami tomorrow to catch our cruise to the eastern Caribbean. We think the cruise should be really fun with lots to do. We have already booked a couple of evening shows and I have entered a slot tourney too. So happy I am feeling better as we got the most out of this week.