Sunday, June 13, 2010

Great runs make all the difference

Ok, I am going to be honest...I have had my doubts the last 2 weeks about me actually being able to finish a marathon. I have been very negative, pissed about my runs, and not feeling well.

Well, I am here to tell you that everything has turned around. I have had 3 great runs in a row including a very fun and fast 10km this morning in which I feel the best I ever had after a fast 10km. I am very excited for Chicago and even signed up for the Toronto Scotiabank 1/2 marathon on September 26th.

I also am getting very excited about returning to Fitness Ridge for 3 yes 3 weeks this summer. I am going to do the stop sign route in under 1 hour, kick ass during the boxing classes and work really hard to get ready for Chicago.

I find it funny when you decide to do something and all of a sudden it is everywhere. For example, my Runners World magazine came this week and of course, it is all about marathons. Then, Toronto's Globe and Mail paper is publishing a marathon series every Thursday - too cool.

Man do I love it when I am feeling well and positive :)

Talk to you soon.