Friday, October 16, 2009

The Running Room 10km clinic

Yeap, I am doing it!! Thanks to my buddy Lindsay, I have joined the Running Room's 10kn clinic. We run every Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday for the next 8 weeks with a 10km race on December 31st.

Last night was our first night. We meet at 6:30 for a 30 minute lecture and then we do a run. We had a 4.93 route last night and I completed it in 41 minutes. Not bad for not doing much for the last couple of weeks. I would love to be able to finish the 10 in 1 hour but even Lindsay who has completed a marathon does 1 in 1 hour and 10 minutes. (the photo is Lindsay and her husband in Vegas at our wedding renewal last summer)((their costumes rocked))

So my goal is 1 hour and 15 minutes - pretty good for a big girl eh!?!Every run our leaders; Dawn and Lisa, e-mail us the routes so that we preplan and visually see where we are going - Sunday at 8:30am we are doing 6.25km - that may be a bit much for me but we are running 10:1 which means you run for 10 minutes then walk for 1 minute. It is great to have so many people in the club too as there is someone for everyone to pace with. I met this girl Rosie who had the same speed as me so we chugged along together last night - she too said it is great to have a pace partner - Lindsay did the run in 36 minutes so she is way out in front of me - no biggie as our goals are the same and what I liked about last night was that I finished and felt great!
Oh, Lindsay is going to come to FR with me in the summer for 2 weeks - she will love it!!!!