Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Week 23 of BZ Adventure

May 31 - June 6

This week has been so great because we celebrated my big brother Jeff's 50th birthday with a wonderful party and then we got to celebrate my mom's 75 birthday.  Anyone who knows my mom and brother know that they are great people.

What's been fun is that my mom is now on Facebook so she gets to see everything live and day by day.  People always told her about our adventures but now she gets to be part of them.  She's so cool.

Another thing I have been working on is my course for my doctorate.  This course is pretty good with great readings and all the same people from the other courses.  We are a cohort and I like that aspect of the program.





I saw this photo on Twitter the other day and it really spoke to me.  I asked the person where this is and they said it is in Philadelphia, well I am definitely going to see it real life someday.
The other thing I have been reflecting on recently is my leadership.  As everyone knows I love Lincoln and continue to be inspired but what he accomplished in a short period of time and in a difficult time.  Saw this picture on Twitter in which someone shared a photo of his first day in office and then 5 years later.  Yes, leadership ages you.  What am I going to do to stay healthy, happy, and young?